Do you have a passion for helping others succeed?
Designed for seasoned leaders and consultants, this 5-month program will transform the way you work with people, think about problems, and develop solutions at work and all areas of your life! The focus is on maximizing your own potential and those you lead or coach.You will walk away with an enduring new tool in your toolbox, and nearly all of the requirements to apply for an Associate Certified Coach credential through the International Coach Federation (ICF), a globally-recognized accrediting organization with defined professional standards for coaches and trainers that are practiced worldwide.
Coaching is a growing field! Did you know there are 47,500 professional coaches around the world bringing in an annual income close to $2 billion each year? In a recent ICF survey, coaching clients report improved work performance, self-confidence, relationships, and communication skills as top reasons why they work with a coach. You too can learn the ICF model and make a difference.
Components of this 125 hour program:
- 80 hours of highly-interactive classroom training
- 10 practice sessions with a mentor coach where you will be observed and receive feedback
- 5 hours of coaching as a client with a trained coach
- 35 hours of practice coaching with work groups and clients
Candidates will be eligible for an ICF credential by the end of the program.
This course will train you in the following core coaching competencies:
- Ethical & Professional Standards
- Developing a Solid Coaching Agreement
- Establishing the Coaching Relationship
- Active Listening
- Direct Communication
- Powerful Questioning
- Creating Awareness
- Designing Actions
- Planning & Managing Progress and Accountability
- April 29 & 30
- May 13 & 14
- June 10 & 11
- July 8 & 9
- August 12 & 13
Other Important Dates:
- Final Coaching Tapes Due – Date TBD
- Graduation Party – October 1, 2016
Course binder with handouts (included)
- Applied Coaching Skills: Following Global Standards (included)
- Coaching Skills for Nonprofit Leaders and Managers (not included)
- Language and the Pursuit of Happiness (not included)
- Strengths Finder 2.0 (not included)
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 (not included)
- Cultural Competency – exact book TBD (not included)
Successful Manager’s Handbook: Develop Yourself, Coach Others (not included)
Participants must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience as a senior-level manager in the nonprofit sector and/or as a consultant to nonprofits. It is recommended that participants attend all sessions. Must complete at least 64 hours to be certificate eligible.
The next coaching certification series will start in April of 2016.
Enrollment is limited to 16 students.
Early-bird rate: $4,850 (before January 15, 2016)
Standard rate: $6,250