About this Event
This session will include an update by the LA Department of Economic Opportunity as well as information on the Social Enterprise certification process and benefits, the Prompt Payment Program, and invoicing practices.
County staff, who contract with organizations operating a Social Enterprise, will be asking for feedback on this unique program and answer questions from organizations that are certified and those who have not participated yet.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Understand how the County defines & certifies a Social Enterprise (SE)
- Assess if your organization should pursue the certification
- Learn about SE program benefits (Bid preference, networking events, online directory listing, and more)
- Learn about contracting under a Master Agreement
- Hear about the expansion of Prompt Payment Program
Who Should Attend:
Senior leaders of LA County nonprofit organizations looking to learn more about County contracting opportunities. This event is open to staff of nonprofit organizations looking to enhance LA County communities through economic, social, and environmental sustainability.